Friday, February 11, 2011

Then We Came to the End.

The email has finally arrived, and apparently I don't have enough experience. It's understandable really. They don't want someone who's never worked in a legitimate lab before to work on a project of such importance, that could have a remarkable impact on the field of infectious diseases. They wouldn't want an amateur to be in the vicinity of pulmonary TB bacteria. They wouldn't want somebody like me, fresh from a general biology course with no immunological laboratory experience. I got the sense from the interview. He seemed disappointed in my lack of credentials.
 At least the lab gave me ample time to prepare myself for a let down. I won't turn to the bottle of sake for comfort. That should be saved for a better occasion and I have too much work to do.
I just wish that I had the opportunity to take part in something so magnificent. Maybe some other time.


Dear Sarah:

I am writing to inform you that we have chosen another student for the
position. Your application stood out and you seemed very enthusiastic, but
unfortunately we need someone with a little more background. I have no
doubt that you will pursue relevant fields of study and broaden your
familiarity with research methods and tools.

I think you have a great deal of potential and hope to see an application
from you for a future project once you have a little more experience.

Thank you very much for your time,
Michael Schump



And that's it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment