Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oh Yes I Did.

Okay, in a spur of the moment crazy attack, I added my blog link to my Facebook page. We'll see what happens. Maybe nothing? I decided to remain under the radar, so I removed the notification on my wall that notified humanity I had changed my website. I also haven't told a soul that the link is up. Hopefully this won't be too tumultuous...

Also, here's a mushy moment as a carry-over from V-Day, but really sweet nonetheless:

Pg 286 Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
"…she asked, 'Why do you love him?'
                Olanna looked up. Her mind was a blank board. 'Why do I love him?'
                Edna raised her eyebrows, mouthing but not singing Billie Holiday’s words.
                'I don’t think love has a reason,' Olanna said.
                'Sure it does.'
                'I think love comes first and then the reasons follow. When I am with him, I feel that I don’t need anything else.' Olanna’s words surprised her, but the startling truth brought the urge to cry."

I think I'm too obsessed with finding reasons...

Furthermore, the weather is really gross. Generally I love storms, just not when I have to trudge to my 8 am lecture the next morning - clothes and bag dripping wet, my face plastered with a pathetic frown. It better not be like this tomorrow. The heavens are currently thrashing against the tiny window of my room. Wind, rain, thunder, maybe hail? The rain sounds like hail, though it probably isn't. Can't be cold enough for hail. God must be punishing me for posting the link for this blog on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Some things don't require reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my problem, and probably that of many others as well, is that in reason I can find safety. If I am able to understand the why and how of something, if I am able to achieve clarity, then I am comfortable. If not, I get nervous and afraid. But, ForKvatch, you're right, some things don't require reasons, and I'm on the path to coming to terms with that. Slowly, but surely.

    ReplyDelete