Thursday, January 20, 2011

x-ray crystallography

There truly is a beauty about x-ray crystallography. That a minute protein, capable of catalyzing chemical reactions, can be elucidated in such a way that scientists can view the twists and turns of its amino acids never fails to astound me. That Linus Pauling was a genius. He invented it right? I think so.
I've always been fascinated by the biochemical and the immunological. The differentiation of T-cells. The apoptosis of invading pathogens as the natural killer cell injects its poisons.
How fragile the human body is.
John Keats died of tuberculosis. He will never be forgotten. My historical lover.
The flicker of a candle as it sits in an open tin jar, vaporizing the oils to emit a scent that languidly radiates the room with the slight smell of rose petals.
What does it take to play the violin? Pure determination?
I feel like I live for other people, and I don't want to, but it just happens.
People say that history paints the future, but can the future be mapped out? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment