Thursday, January 27, 2011

Problem-Solving

I guess I've come to the conclusion that, really, there are more important things out there than whether or not I get that research position. There will be others. Yes, people have told me this quite often, but I needed to mull it over and realize it for myself. I'll get to where I want to go somehow, even if my path is obscure. I have no medical condition. I'm going to dinner with my family in ten minutes (Ethiopian food). I have friends, a roof over my head, an abundance of food (especially carbs), and an amazing university that I easily walk to and attend every single day.
What's important to me? What's important to me is knowing what is going on within people, and how to fix it. Everybody's broken, in one way or another, so why can't we repair them? I'm speaking both in the physical and emotional sense. Our mission on this earth ought to be how to spread the love we have for one another, for humanity. I could get all spiritual. I could throw in God, and say we are meant to spread God's love, but it's definitely deeper than that. Anybody, even the most devout Atheist (ironic, right? but so true) should be in it for the long haul when it comes to showing people what love and caring for one another is truly about. Believe me, I hate being preachy, but how many people go about their lives thinking of nobody other than superficial, self-absorbed things (Herb and Frank for example ;)?

That's what doctors and researchers do, right? They're problem-solvers.

No comments:

Post a Comment