Saturday, January 1, 2011

Wonderful, wonderful things.

Etsy.com is my new favorite site for gifts. Everything they offer is handmade, incredibly unique and whimsical. Love. It.

And of course, Anthropologie will forever hold a special place in my heart.
Especially the jacket.

Aaaand planning for a new haircut on Monday, I'm thinking blonde highlights (I haven't gone blonde in a long time) and side bangs. I wish I could do something like Zooey Deschanel, but I've done the dark hair look and I don't think I'll be able to pull that off again.

Sooo I'm thinking something more like this:


 We'll see how that goes. My hair is thinner, slightly redder, and slightly darker than this, but this'll be the general idea. Hopefully. I hate my hair. It's thin, there's fly-aways, there are baby hairs around the side of my face. I feel like it'll never work for me. Believe me, if I could beat it into submission I would. I just wish it were thicker. I think I have the smallest pony-tail in the world and it consistently looks like a forty-year old's hair. We'll see what my beautician can do, but it seems to me like a lost cause. Really, if you think about it, hair is a strange thing. We are the only animals that actually grow their hair long-- a strange evolutionary trait if you ask me. We uniquely style our hair, change its color, and put things in it. For God's sake, I saw a girl at the midnight Christmas service with tinsel weaved into her hair.  I love bobby-pins personally, they aid in that classic, hipster, adorable up-do that I try to (unsuccessfully) achieve.

Eh. I could probably pull off something like the image with the flower bobby pins above, which I absolutely adore. Hand-made flower hair pieces, sooo pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment