Tuesday, December 28, 2010

MUSIC!

I love music. The rise and falls of a ballad or the soulful notes of a lone guitar. None of that synthesized modern pop stuff though. Rap, definitely not. I admit, some rap artists do have talent, but how are they capturing humanity in a song about bitches and hos? True music, I think, has a poetic value. It weaves into the human experience, or creates an experience of its own. I do listen to a Katie Perry song or a Ke$ha song here and there, alright, but I do have to say I am slightly ashamed by it. I do like "Your Love is My Drug," simply because it's really catchy. Then again, I can't really judge myself or others on choice of music, although what people listen to usually says a lot about them. It would be hard not to assume some things about a person who listens only to Eminem and 50 Cent, or even if they listen only to country music for that matter.  In my experience, people relate to songs, so they listen to them. This definitely doesn't always apply. I listen to a generous number of love songs, but my love life sucks (I'll get into that later I'm sure). I believe that music, however, will always be a defining aspect of a person. Furthermore, music connects people. I've shared so many songs with men only to have them ask me out because we have a similar taste in music. And every date I've been on has music somewhere in the conversation. Friends and I have connected based off of our music preferences. A stranger has even approached me at a party and pursued a friendship over music. I must add, though, that none of these relationships have continued, probably because we had nothing else in common and you really can't base a relationship upon music. Considering all of this, here's a sample of what I listen to...







No comments:

Post a Comment