Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Groooossss

I really need some self control when it comes to late night Denny's excursions. One: part of a vanilla milkshake: appr. 100 calories. Two: a large handful of seasoned fries: 120 calories. Three: a third of a "puppy (pancake) sundae:" 150 calories. Four: one mozzarella stick: 93 calories. Bad news. I thought I was dieting, but I guess I was wrong. Perhaps I have a self-control issue? I think yes. Let's look on the bright side, at least I'm conforming with the rest of America.
Okay, you know that competitive person who wins once, then proceeds to jump up and down squealing because of her win, and says snide little comments about how she kicked your ass? People like that kill me. They really shouldn't, but they do. I try to reason with myself, "That's just their personality. Don't let it bother you." Yet time and again it does. I'm especially irked when it comes to matters of academics. I hate that I am. I really do. It's a fault of mine and I admit that I, perhaps, am the same way. I just don't outwardly display it. But when somebody complains about their 3.5 GPA being too low (I could only dream of maintaining a 3.5),  I feel like leaping upon them and strangling them. It would have been a messy affair. We were at Denny's after all. Milkshakes would have flown from the table to splatter across the floor and across the shocked faces of spectators as I leaped haphazardly over the ugly green table. My arms outstretched, reaching for her neck, a wild look in my eyes. Maybe that's a little too extreme. Alright, it is; but it would have been epic. People like that just bother me. Competitive people who can't seem to get a grip on reality and have such low self-esteem that they have to give themselves a halo to outshine the rest. Well, I've vented.

No comments:

Post a Comment